Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Learning Opportunities

 I love hanging out with my kids.  My 2 oldest were being silly last night as we were playing around.  Joyanne and Noah are such big helpers.  They are great with the little ones.  Occasionally they are the ones causing the problems, but mostly they help out a lot.

I love being a mom to these great kids.  I feel very fortunate to have each and every one of my children.  The Lord has surely blessed our family.

At night I get lonely after I put the kids to bed.  I enjoy journaling, reading, and watching the news, but I miss a companion, my Prince Charming, being next to me and having casual, adult conversation.  I've decided, even though I'm a people person, I get to learn to enjoy being on my own.

Daddy-O got to practice high-speed driving and chasing yesterday.  He said it was like riding on a roller coaster and on one particular drive, he threw up with other co-workers looking on and laughing.  He, too, was able to laugh a little afterward, but he didn't feel well and was exhausted by the end of the day.  So driving was not as easy or as fun as he thought it would be, but a learning opportunity and challenge to meet none the less.

Isn't life great with so many opportunities to grow and learn from?!?

1 comment:

  1. I totally get where you're coming from. Taylor works such long hours this time of year and I understand yearning for that companionship/adult conversation, especially at night when it's so quiet.

    We'll hang on together! I'm glad you have such awesome helpers! It makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete