Monday, January 30, 2017
Art Fair Night
Grant and James enjoyed going to Art Night at the school.
They got cookies and made an art project with marshmallows and toothpicks.
Monday, January 23, 2017
Loving the Snow!
Can you believe the snow?!
It's so awesome.
This huge pile is right by our house and fun to slide down.
The piles of snow go halfway up houses and trees.
It's fun to play King of the Mountain.
We had to have a snowball fight too.
It was all fun and games until someone got hurt.
We just love playing in the snow!
Saturday, January 21, 2017
Goodbye Grandpa Max
My Grandpa Max passed away.
Noah and Jaden went with me to the viewing.
I loved seeing family and remembering the good in my Grandpa.
All my brothers and sisters were at the funeral.
My mom, Becky, and I sang "I Need Ther Every Hour".
I loved hearing my aunts speak about Grandpa and point out his numerous good qualities, like keep going, work hard, love your country and love God.
The day was so snowy, but we made it to the Payson cemetery safely and said our goodbyes.
I love you, Grandpa!
Thank you for the great legacy you left behind.
Monday, January 16, 2017
What a Man!
He's such a hard worker and received an award for his good work he does in his job.
Way to go, Dad!
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Lost tooth, Recital, amd Ice Cream
Noah's tooth has been in pain for a few days now.
Finally he was able to get it out.
It was such a little tooth with a huge root.
Joyanne took part in a recital with some youth from the Northern Utah Youth Symphony.
All these youth have such amazing talent with music.
Joyanne played "The Wedding at Troldhaugen" on the piano.
She played beautifully.
And having ice cream at our home Is surely a favorite, especially with chocolate and strawberry syrup.
Ice cream makes these mouths happy!
Sunday, January 8, 2017
So much snow!
Cozette loves digging and burying her head in the snow.
She's always sniffing about for something.
We had snow this morning and icy rain this afternoon.
We are so grateful for the moisture and the fun, huge piles of snow.
But Daddy had to work 14 1/2 hours dealing with all the accidents on the roads.
And, boy, was it crazy out there today with multiple rollovers, slide offs, and crashes.
So while we love the snow, everyone, please drive carefully or just stay home and enjoy it!
Saturday, January 7, 2017
Grant started not feeling well at lunch time.
He just wanted to snuggle with me.
I let him lay on my bed and watch movies.
He's been vomitting and fevering.
Not a good combo.
Hopefully with some good sleep he'll be fine tomorrow.
Thursday, January 5, 2017
The Bigger, the Better
Do you see these monstrous sized German pancakes?!
They are literally about 6 inches above the pan.
The kids loved every inch of them and couldn't get enough.
This is one of our favorite breakfasts.
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Let It Snow!
The snow today has been something else.
It just snows and blows.
Daddy shoveled all the snow into a big pile completely surrounding the trampoline so the kids could have a big fort to play in.
We shoveled 3 separate times today trying to keep the driveway clear.
With the blowing snow our back door has a drift covering half the door.
We are loving all this snow, but Daddy is out working in it, dealing with a 30 car pileup and a tipped semi truck that lost its cows inside.
So while the snow is nice, we hope everyone stays safe out there, especially Daddy.
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Monday, January 2, 2017
Happy New Year!
We had a fun party with family and friends on New Year's Eve.
There was lots of food and fun games.
New Years day morning came early as we got up for church and had cereal for breakfast.
Do you see the bright firetruck, ambulance and police lights?
Well, Daddy came home from work and I noticed a little gas smell in our room.
Daddy was too tired to care and laid down for an hour and a half.
He woke up with a bad headache and queasy stomach.
When I walked in our room, the gas smell was awful.
We called the gas company and they told us to get out of the house.
We also called the fire station and they came out and checked out our home.
I didn't realize how serious a has leak can be.
Apparently even using your phone can ignite flames, and depending on how much the gas has spread, it can burn down your home quickly.
So, we had like 10 firefighters at our home and an ambulance just in case.
Thankfully it wasn't that bad.
A pipe, outside, was blocked by a bush and frozen on the end.
The bush was taken out and the ice melted.
We were okay to be home that night.
So, it was a crazy scare, but all is well now!