Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Books

On my fridge I have a magnet that quotes, "A room without books is like a body without a soul."  I LOVE BOOKS!!!  I love to read and enjoy it immensely. 

My sister taught each of her kids to read when they were young.  She said to me, "If you know how to read, you can teach yourself anything."

So, I have taught each of my kids to read by the time they were 3 years old.  Some learned a little earlier.  James is 4 years old and reading a Clifford book with me now.  The first book my kids have started out reading is the "Dick and Jane and Friends" book.


So it's not an unusual sight for my kids to see me lounging on the couch with a book in hand.  My latest read has been Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck.  Now as I wait for the computer to upload images I am reading, The Woman I was Born to Be: My Story by Susan Boyle.  These have been books from our book club we are reading.

                                      

So once I finished Agenda 21, I had a few days to wait to get the next book, and I was amazed with how much I was able to accomplish.  I cleaned my house and got projects done that were in need of getting done.  I realized that even books can be an addiction and I get very into and addicted to books.

I always used the excuse that I was doing something productive and not wasting time.  We all can see how t.v. or even the internet can suck time away and waste our time, but reading books, as much as I have recently, can do the same thing.  Sure I'm learning a lot of good things, but sometimes I lose touch of the real world and forget kids or my house, which both need attention.

So, to put it shortly, we need a good, firm balance in our lives; balance with our time, our money, our food, and everything!  A lesson I seem to keep learning over and over and over again.  So I think besides looking for the happy moments in life, my mantra is balance . . . . and consistency (but we'll talk more about my views on consistency in another blog post :).

No comments:

Post a Comment