Saturday, March 2, 2013

12 Year Anniversary

Happy 12th Anniversary!


We are celebrating our 12th anniversary today.  It seems like yesterday when my Prince Charming took me on the steps of the Salt Lake Temple and proposed.  The moment was truly a charming one.  Kissing across the altar of the temple and seeing each other go on and on and on through the mirrors was a glimpse of eternity.

We have had a very happy 12 years with 6 wonderful kids to show for it.  It's our children that have helped us see the best and the worst in each other and still stick it through.

Marriage is so wonderful.  The other day my daughter said, "I don't think I want to get married.  It's so hard!"  I proceeded to tell her how truly wonderful marriage is.  Marriage is definitely hard at times and raising kids takes an amazing amount of patience and love.  But it is all worth it and it all provides opportunities to grow and learn.

"Absent makes the heart grow fonder" is a phrase I've heard a lot.  Being apart from my Prince Charming while he is away training for his new job has been very difficult to say the least.  But the time apart has shown us how much we really need each other and love each other.

So on to more of a blissful marriage and may we have another 12 years of fun, excitement and learning!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment