Monday, August 12, 2013

Family Home Evening

Last night Joyanne, Noah, Daddy, and I all had fun playing "Scrabble".
Noah did well, with help, and won!


Family Home Evening is a great time that our family has.
Joyanne taught the lesson tonight on Courage.
It made me think how very often I have to be courageous as a mother, especially in these last days.
There are so many women out there who think working and having a career brings success.
Today I felt joyous in doing my 6 loads of laundry.
I felt joyous in letting Joyanne make cookies all on her own.
I felt joyous in changing Grant's diaper.
And I felt joyous in preparing and cooking the meals.
I feel like I am able to reach a high celestial potential in the work I'm doing now.
I love being a mom and all the work it brings.
I may someday have another career, but being a mom tops any other career there is.

Okay, now I can step off my soap box.

I thought Grant looked so cute trying to sing out of his hymnbook.
He really tries lately to imitate his brothers and sister.
He gets pretty mad when he doesn't get the same things as they get, like treats.
Thus we are starting to enter the "terrible two's".

Joyanne is learning to play the piano so beautifully.
I love hearing each of my kids play the piano.
Their talents are improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment