Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Uplifting Thoughts

I just had a wonderful conversation with my prince charming. (And he is really charming!)
I had some neat experiences today.
I read my scriptures this morning and read in the New Testament in Mark.
I read how Jesus ministered to the people.
I always thought of ministering as preaching and teaching, but he ministered more as serving and helping.
I truly want to try to be like the Savior.
I prayed for ways to minister to others.

I had an enjoyable talk with my sister, Becca this morning.
She's getting married in 2 days.
I'm so excited for her and feel honored to be able to be there to witness this wonderful occasion.
I felt like I was able to help her by listening to her and be there for her.
I love how I also get to be blessed by helping others.
I feel closer to my sister and loved.

I helped out Daddy by cleaning up the garage a bit.
I served my kids by making them a delicious dinner of Noodles Cordon Blue, Corn Bread and Salad.
I honestly didn't feel like cooking much and was searching for something easy.
But I decided to work at it and make something good.
In the end, it was easier than I thought and it sure tasted good.

I feel blessed and loved by the Lord.
I feel Him watching over me.
When I feel this way, I just want to make sure I'm keeping the commandments and keep trying to do good.
I love the Lord and hope I can be like those "fishers of men" and help others come unto Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment