Saturday, May 18, 2013

Scared to Death!

 While I was making dinner, I looked outside to see where Grant was. 
Last I saw, he was jumping on the trampoline with Joyanne. 
Joyanne had come inside and I didn't see Grant in the backyard.  
But I did see Daddy working with our landlord on the sprinkler system. 
They also had been working on the roof to get our swamp cooler working. 
I figured Daddy was keeping track of Grant.

I had food cooking on the stove when I glanced out the window.
I could see two tiny feet dangling from the roof top.
I screamed as I dashed out the door, yelling for Daddy to get Grant.
I stood under Grant with arms outstretched, in case he fell, as he clung to the roofs edge.
Daddy rushed up the ladder and rescued Grant.
I held my baby boy in my arms as my heart pounded, grateful to have him alive and well.
Here's the window, the ladder and the edge where Grant was hanging. 
Grant was trying to slide off the roof on his belly and had come just to the side of the ladder. 
Whew!  Glad he's safe.  
Here's my little baby boy right after.  He's okay!!!


 This morning we went to a free track event at the High School.  Joyanne did the softball throw, the 200 meter run and the standing long jump.
 
 Noah ran the 400 meter, the 200 meter, and he did the standing long jump.

Fun times and a good learning experience for both these kids.















I'm still so relieved that Grant is okay and not hurt.  I love my little boy so much!
We had a talk at dinner about our purpose in life and that God won't let us die until it's our time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment