Friday, May 24, 2013

Family History

Pictures are uploaded. Yay!!!
What a good day!
I helped my sister clean and organize a bedroom and cleaned out her refrigerator.

Joyanne, Noah, and Hiram had fun hiking with Daddy and seeing petroglyphs.


This evening I took my parents out to dinner and dessert for their birthdays and Mother's Day and Father's Day.
We had fun chatting.
Afterward I gave my mother a backscratch, massage and foot massage while visiting some more.
Then I went in and listened to my Dad share stories about when he was young.
He shared so many stories, and then we talked about Family History and about how important it is to know who your ancestors are AND their stories.
I'm excited to find out their stories and type them in to Familyhistory.org.

My dad's mom died when he was only 5 years old.
My dad says he remembers the night she died.
She started to cough hard, then coughed up blood.
The next morning when he woke up, he was told that she died.
He stayed with a neighbor who was a chain smoker for a few days.
He remembers the dad smoking so much and making circles puff out of his mouth into my dad's face.

I love family and am excited to learn more.
I also saw a picture of myself as a crawling baby.
My mom doesn't have hardly any pictures of me as a baby being #11 out of 12 kids.
I was thrilled to see one of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment