Thursday, February 21, 2013

Work versus Play

There is a time for everything.  Last night I wanted to play after the kids went to bed.  In fact, the last 2 nights I have wanted to play, just relax and read.  Yet I decided to do dishes and clean up a bit.  I went to bed satisfied of having accomplished something good. 

Sometimes I think, I deserve LOTS of relaxing time to just get on the computer or read a book or watch a movie because I am taking care of 6 kids all by myself.  But then the next day I pay for it with having to make up for all the work I didn't do. 

Work is so good for everyone.  "Then work and watch and fight and pray with all your might and zeal.  Push every worthy work along; Put your shoulder to the wheel.  Put your shoulder to the wheel; push along.  Do your duty with a heart full of song.  We all have work.  Let no one shirk.  Put your shoulder to the wheel." (Hymn 252)
I'm so glad I didn't shirk my work last night and got the dishes done and the house picked up because today at 9:45am our realtor, Jed Lowder, called to tell me an Idaho Falls realtor was bringing someone to look at the house between 11-11:30am.  I couldn't have gotten the house ready as quickly as I did unless I had gotten the house clean the night before.


The Blue and Gold Banquet was tonight for Noah and the other cubscouts.  I was in charge of helping the boys to perform a skit that they could pass off one of their electives.  Fun night.  Noah looked great!


No comments:

Post a Comment