Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Finding Happiness - Happy Days!

Happiness is what we make of it.  Each day I try to blog and look for the happy moments in my life so I can have "Happy Days".  Our true source of happiness comes from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  Understanding the Plan of Salvation brings true joy. 

But today my happiness came from practicing the piano.  I'm not good enough to play in church, but someday I hope to be.  I enjoy feeling the ivory white keys and hearing the beautiful melody ring through.  The hymns, especially, bring peace to my soul.  My goal, this year, is to be able to play the first 50 hymns well enough to play in church.  Today I finished playing through the last 10 of all 50 songs.  I still need more practice to get them to be good, but I have played through each 50 songs 2 times over a course of about 6 or 7 days.


Reading time at the Menan/Anis Library was fun as we read about Valentines and then gave some away and got some in return.  Kids and candy go hand in hand.

Friends are wonderful!  Channin came over with little Zachary tonight with yummy corn muffins.  She made Noah a neat wallet out of duct tape.  Very cool!
 

Scouts was a learning experience.  Being the assistant leader is fun to help out.  I was harder on Noah tonight.  Is it because he's my son?  Probably.  I had to sincerely apologize and remember he is an 8 year old boy and there were about 9 other rowdy boys there as well.  They sure can be a handful at times, but it sure is a blessing to be able to teach these boys and have fun with them as well.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy - I have loved reading your blog posts lately! They have been a good reminder (and I have REALLY needed these reminders lately!!) to look for the good in each day!

    I hope your home sells soon! Thank you for being a great example to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome and thank you for your kind thoughts. You sometimes wonder who reads your blog. I'm glad it's helped. It's helped me a lot to blog lately.

    ReplyDelete