Monday, February 11, 2013

It's Not Easy

It's not easy right now.  But I'm not giving up.  With Daddy-O not here and raising six kids by myself it's downright lonely, discouraging and sometimes depressing.

Today I wanted to just lay on the couch and do nothing.  But I'm not doing that.  I have decided I need to put one foot in front of the other and keep going.  "Smile through every trial."  I will keep doing the laundry, the dishes, the cleaning the house, and praying for it to sell.  And I will keep doing all the other things it takes to raise 6 kids.

"Smile through every trial!"

Chloe Prescott, Grant, Jaden, Daren Prescott, and James

I will love and nurture my children to the best of my ability and serve and help others.

And when I feel ready to break or give up, I will pray and read my scriptures and sing a hymn or two.

Today the hymn "Come, Come Ye Saints" touched my heart and bouyed me up.

I must come and not fear toil or labor.  With joy I can keep going.  Though the journey's hard, Heavenly Father's grace will help me through the day.  I will continue to strive and drive away the useless cares.  I know I can have joy because "All is well!"  Why should I mourn, complain, or think life is hard?  "All is right".  I don't need to earn a great reward.  I will gird up my loins and "fresh courage take".  God is always there for me.

The struggle this morning started with HJ attempting to take his ADHD pill and not being able swallow it.  After much frustration from me and discouragement from HJ he finally got it down.  My frustration leaked out onto the other kids and I became irritated with the small things.  Finally, in the middle of breakfast, I left the table and prayed for help and a calm spirit.  I apologized to my wonderful kids and tried again to show love.  I am far from perfect and ever trying to be a good mom to my kids.  I feel I am slowly improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment