Monday, February 4, 2013

Something to be GLAD about!

The kids were delayed going to school for 2 hours today because of the slick roads and the big accident on Highway 20 at the Menan/Lorenzo exit not far from home.  2 semi-trucks slid across the black ice roads and somehow crashed along with a tow truck.  It took about 12 hours to clean up completely.

So with the kids home we all relaxed a little more, and I even got to play the card game "Spoons" with Joyanne and Noah.

Today was a pretty routine day filled with feeding the kids 3 meals, doing laundry, working hard to clean off the stove top, dishes, picking up, and homework.  At one point I became bored of the monotony of life, but then I stepped back and said, "Whoa!  I have a good life and there are many things to be grateful for and glad about."

I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who works hard to provide for our family and lets me stay home to be with the kids.  I'm glad I'm not sick and can accomplish the household tasks that are before me.  I'm grateful for my wonderful children. 

Joyanne and Noah were especially helpful today.  Noah helped with laundry, cleaning up, and cooking dinner.  Joyanne played with Grant and helped get him in his highchair.  I'm finding praising my children goes a long way with them.  They like to be praised, and I sure like praising them.

So often we can get dissastified with life, but then we just need to "count our blessings."

Here's my mountain of laundry covering the bed.  Time to get folding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment