Thursday, September 26, 2013

Delightful Day Off

What an amazing, delightful, invigorating day off.
This is what I spent a few hours doing today.
Reading is one of the things I like to do best on my own.

I needed this day.
The last few days I have needed a break.
I just wanted to get away.
Well, I announced to my family that tomorrow (meaning today) I was taking a day off, and they were good with that.
So, my Prince Charming was so helpful and supportive and helped me immensly.
He did all the dishes, cooked dinner, and put the kids to bed.

I read my books, took a nice, quiet stroll through our walking park, and went to the library.
I talked to my mom for nearly 2 hours on the phone this afternoon and my dad for a 1/2 hour this evening.
I had time to think and pamper me.
I feel happy and rejuvenated.
Now I'm ready to tackle the housework and everything tomorrow.

I enjoyed the day so much, I think I'd like to do this once a month.
Daddy said I should probably do it once a week.
He liked seeing how relaxed and happy I was.

Joyanne missplaced her Ipod.
She searched and searched for it.
She asked Daddy and I to help her look.
I asked her if she prayed for help from Heavenly Father.
She said she had.
I asked her if she listened for her answer or felt the Spirit guiding her.
She was kind of like "Huh?"
I told her when I pray for help, afterward I just kind of wait and listen or feel the Spirit.
All of a sudden I get this idea that I need to look on the table or under the couch or in this room.
As I was telling Joyanne this, all of a sudden she said "Wait, I think I know where to look!"
She went in her room and found it.
Pretty amazing how the spirit works.

No comments:

Post a Comment