Monday, September 2, 2013

A Day of Labor

Happy Labor Day!

But today was not a happy day for me.
For the most part it was okay, but tonight I got snippy, tired, and onery.
It definitely was a day of laboring for me.
I worked hard.

Daddy worked from 9a.m. to midnight (12a.m.)
I had to work too.
I woke up and prayed and read my scriptures.
I read a story to James.
Breakfast time came next and since it's a holiday, Daddy and I went all out and made bacon, sausage, and eggs with cheese on toast.
Then it was time for clean-up and send Daddy off to a LONG day working and getting overtime.
Then 2 bunnies needed their cages cleaned, which included sweeping the patio afterward.
I read a chapter of a book, then zipped off to do laundry and a sink full of dishes.
With the kitchen cleaned, I read another chapter of my book and then made lunch.

The afternoon slowed down a bit.
I watched a couple episodes of the new season of "Once Upon a Time" with my kids.
Then I cleaned my bathroom and worked on dinner.
Now this tired mama is ready for some relaxation.
But I have a bed full of laundry, calling to be folded.
And another sink full of dishes to be done.

Is it just us or do others have a ton of flies all around their house.
This fly stick seems to be doing okay, but we still get so many flies around, especially fruit flies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment