Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waves of Grief

Waves of grief hit me yesterday and today as I thought about my sister, and that she is gone.
I am comforted to know she has gone on to a better place and can continue to progress.
I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation.
Plan of Salvation
I am also so grateful for the Atonement and that Christ paid for all our sins.
I can't wait to be an eternal family and see my sister in Heaven.
 
Our family has had quite the spiritual experiences lately.
The veil feels thin at times.
I have found strength in talking with my parents and brothers and sisters about my sister who died.
With any given situation, a person can turn bitter or better.
You can pull away from family or draw strength from them.
This has been a great bonding experience with my family.
 


2 comments:

  1. Always choose better...I chose bitter for a couple of days after my brother passed away, and it did me no good. ;-). When I changed to better, it was amazing how many tender mercies from the Lord I recognized. Plus, I could feel waves of joy instead of just anger and sadness. I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It buoys me up and helps me move onward to know of the caring and love I feel from friends and family. I know "This too shall pass." I sometimes wish I could move past the grieving and just carry on, but I know the grieving is important too. I am grateful the Savior is there to carry us, love us, and help us.

    ReplyDelete