Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Sister's Funeral

The funeral for my sister, Ann, was today.
Tears flowed freely as I said goodbye to my sister's body.
I miss her so much.
I was hoping to have more time with her on this earth.
I was hoping to strengthen our sisterly bonds and have more wonderful experiences together.
 
I was asked to speak for just one minute about my sister.
I couldn't come up with the right thing to say so I wrote a poem about and for Ann.
 
My Sister, Ann
I love my oldest sister, Ann.
Her tender smile cheered every man.
She gave her all to the very end.
She was my sister and my friend.
 
Ann loved her children through and through.
Jacob, Katherine and Karina loved her too.
She deeply loved her husband, Dell.
He also cherished Ann very well.
 
She liked to cook and color and sing.
She liked to do a lot of things.
Ann cheered up many who were feeling sad,
Even when she, too, felt bad.
 
Her life was hard with many trials.
She kept on going for miles and miles.
Many times she just didn't want to go on.
We miss her now that she is gone.
 
Life continues on when we die.
We will see Ann as long as we try
To do our best and do all that we can.
I love my oldest sister, Ann.
 
I look forward to the day when I will get to see Ann again.
 

2 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful funeral. I was glad to see you for a tiny bit and your family too. I loved your poem.

    I'm just a phone call away if you ever need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate it and may take you up on it.

    ReplyDelete