Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Forever Family

Today was one of the most memorable days of my life.
All 11 of my siblings and parents were together.
It has been a VERY long time since we have all been together.
We met at the hospital and discussed my oldest sister's grievous situation.


 
Ultimately my parents and her husband will make the final decision on Monday morning to either have a tracheotomy or remove the breathing tube from her throat and let nature take its course.
Each of us were given the opportunity to share thoughts and feelings about the choices and happy memories with our dear sister.
There were many touching moments and lots of love was expressed and felt.
Though my sister's life has been very difficult, she has left fond memories in all of our hearts.
My dad stated that we should continue to pray for our sister to get well and that the Lord's will be done.
He reminded us that the Savior asked for His cup to be removed, but that He would fulfill the Father's will.
We are praying and tomorrow we are fasting for a miracle.
After our talking, we all went into the ICU around my sweet sister's bed and all my 8 brothers and Father leaned in and gave my sister a blessing.
My eldest brother was the spokesman.
The blessing was too tender to share here, but suffice it to say, it was amazing and we were given hope, lots of hope, for a miracle.
Now to put our fasting, faith, and prayers forward and let my sister's agency do the rest along with Heavenly Father's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment