Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Endure

I wake up to an overwhelming amount of stuff to do each day.
Some days I just want to hide under my covers and stay in my nice, warm, cozy bed all day.
My cluttered room, the dishes, the never-ending laundry, the hungry, whiny kids all are begging for my attention.
"Just 5 more minutes!" I think over and over again.
 
The only way I know to conquer my day is to put one step in front of the other and move forward.
So when I want to just run away from it all and disappear, I fold one more shirt.
When I'm ready to give it all up, I wash one more dish.
I can do this!
 

As hard as it sometimes is, I can endure.
I can find the joy in what I do and know that I truly am blessed to have a wonderful husband, 6 amazing children and a home to live in.
More than all that, I have a Savior who died for me, who endured incredible torment and took on all my sins, sadness and grief, as well as yours.
He is the ultimate example I want to follow.
With His help and His strength, I can do all things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment