Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Life Worth Living

This life, despite all it's difficulties, is worth living.
My oldest sister struggled with that thought on Saturday night.
I rushed 3 hours to the hospital on Monday morning to find my sister lying in a hospital bed with tubes going down her throat and IV's all over her.
I sat all day with her today, hoping and praying that the Lord's will may be done.
She has a long road ahead of her.
I love her so much.
 
Daddy has been wonderful to take care of the kids these last 2 days.
They went hiking nearby home on Monday afternoon and played in the bounce house.

 
This afternoon they went to "Remember the Maine" Park.

 
Daddy is really enjoying his time with the kids since this weekend he won't be able to with having to work.
 
I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to visit with family and have connected with a lot of them while sitting in the waiting room.
This incident has taught me to value life and loved ones.
I am grateful I could be there for my sister yesterday and today.
She is not coherent yet, but she has moved around uncomfortably.
We are patiently waiting for her to wake up and see what damaged may be caused to her internally.
My prayers continue to go out to her.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart is aching. I'm so sorry. I have so many memories of visits with all you during childhood summers. Please know I am praying for all of you, filld with faith that things will be okay. Love you all Your cousin, HOlly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so worried for your family. Add our prayers to those already being offered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. I agree than even in the most trying times, life is worth the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much. Your prayers mean so much to us.

    ReplyDelete