Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Calm and Patient

We left home this morning for our Fall Break to go visit family.
The autumn colors that surrounded us were breathtaking.
The mountainsides were a rainbow of colors.
The kids were great for the drive and it was definitely one of the most enjoyable drives we've taken.

James and Grant's cousin gave them frozen Tater Tots for a treat.
James shivered when he put them in his mouth.

These cousins we get to spend time with are pretty fun.
Stephen is 6 feet 5 inches tall and trying out for his High School basketball team.

Good luck, Stephen!

My sister-in-law looked so beautiful today.
I love spending time with her.
She teaches me so much and I love watching how great a mother she is with her kids.
I have many things to learn as a mother.
One thing I hope to learn is to remain calm when my kids are making bad choices.
I became so frustrated tonight when one of my kids hurt another.
I love how my eldest brother calmly and patiently speaks to his kids, even when they are yelling back at him.
My Prince Charming is also this way; ever patient, loving and humble.

Pictures to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment