Friday, June 28, 2013

Long Working Daddy

A good nights sleep did me well.
The heat was still hot and unbearable, but we managed.

Daddy, on the other hand, got very little sleep.
He went to work yesterday about 3p.m.
He came in the door and was in bed about 1a.m.

Then he got called out at 1:47a.m. to go to an accident.
So up he got and sped out the door.
It took him an hour and 15 minutes to get to the scene of the accident.
A rollover from a drunk driver who was not seat belted and had to be life flighted out.
There was a dad, his son, and a pregnant girlfriend involved.
Suffice it to say that it all took a long time to get squared away.

Daddy came in the door at 11a.m. to go to bed.
Here's the tired and amazing Daddy-O when he walked in the door.

So I took the kids to McDonald's to leave a quiet house for Daddy and to be in an air conditioned building.
The kids had fun and I met a new friend.

The rest of the day was spent chillin', or actually sweating it out, at home.

I sure hope I don't end up living in hell because I'm struggling just dealing with this heat now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment