Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hard, Hot Day and Night

I'm tired from staying up late.
I'm a girl that definitely needs my sleep.
I'm also really hot and I don't like the heat.
So . . . I fell apart tonight.

I took the kids to Walmart, of all places, just so we could be in an air conditioned building.
We walked around, bought a few treats and then we saw the best thing that would save us from the heat.
We bought a snow cone maker!
I came home and immediately set to work on washing it, putting it together, and cranking ice in there.
I made 4 snow cones . . . that's it, before it stopped working.
Aaaaaaaargh!
I was hoping to have a nice snow cone all ready for Daddy when he walked in the door for dinner.
Instead he came home to a sobbing, hot, frustrated wife.

The kids were sad to see me sad.
They asked me to be happy.
I tried, but I did get a little snappy at them at bedtime.

Now I think I'll just go lay on my bed for a good night's rest and hope tomorrow will be a better day.
And I hope I can manage the heat better. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment