Monday, April 22, 2013

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old

My mom used to sing me this song when I was young:

"Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver and the other is gold."

Tonight I am missing many of my dear friends from Idaho.
I am glad I'm making new friends here, but I do miss the friendships from back home.

I miss talking on the phone with Aliena and having her check up on me.
I miss our kids being able to run around and play together.
I miss the visiting teaching times she visited and just all the times we talked or did things together.


I miss going to library with Marcia, and James and Daren being able to play together.
I miss hugs from Chloe and Daren.
I miss visiting teaching with Marcia.

I miss having Lori for a neighbor, who was always there to help me out.
I miss seeing Joyanne and Mckenzie play together or go to violin together.
I miss doing PTO events and activities with Lori.
I miss the great visiting teacher Becky was for me.
She was also a great friend who I could trust and rely on.

I miss Cindy.
I love how she magnified her callings and the example she set in raising her boys.
I hope I can raise my kids as well as she does.
I miss hearing her play the violin in church.

I miss Julie and Phyllis.
They had great words of wisdom and a spirit of hope and love about them.
I learned so much and what dear friends they were and are to me.
I loved book club with them and their insights.

What treasured honored friends are Phyllis, Connie, and Kathy.
Each have a place in my heart.
They showed loved, service, and a tender hand out to me.

I enjoyed Karen as a friend.
Her son was fun to teach in Sunday School.
I felt so happy to visit teach her.
She was a great Relief Society President.

I love so many more from Idaho that I didn't get pictures of.
Where we lived was truly a place of love, service, and understanding.
I miss the comfort of home and friends.

I must say, though, it is so nice to have Daddy home with us.
It is so nice to spend time together as a family.
I'm glad I get to spend eternity with this wonderful family.

Joyanne started her first day of school here.
She met a new friend, named Mackenzie.
She likes her and sat next to her in class and played with her at recess.

2 comments:

  1. I loved all these women too! Sad to leave Grant people, but not sad to leave that horrid log house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I think someone just bought and moved into it before we left. A young couple. Didn't you guys like that log house? Probably happy to have it finally sold.

      Delete