Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hard Day, Ending Well

What a hard day!  I woke up tired.  So that's how it all started.
A shower revived me a little and gave me a glimmer of hope.
Then, Grant woke up early and fussy.
The kids were a little late getting ready.
We were able to read scriptures and have prayer. Yay!  Success with one thing.
Then we ate breakfast and grumpy kids got out the door to school.

Chore time was next.
Looking around my house was discouraging.
I'm down to the last few boxes (like 50 more) and not sure what to do with all the stuff.
I've pretty much filled up the house and it's hard to give some of it away.
So, instead of unpacking, I reorganized the boxes so they're out of the way.
I guess we'll get to them later.
And then James started teasing Grant, not listening to me, and causing problems.
While carrying him to time-out, he hit me, pinched me, and screamed.
He ended up buckled into Grant's chair at the table.
He sat there a LONG time.
I had to cool and he had to cool down.

After sending Jaden to kindergarten, it was joyously naptime.
I had a nap too.  I wish James would've napped.

Well, after a nap, I felt better.
I tackled the garage where all the remaining boxes are and sorted through them.
I piled up the ones for inside and took others out to our shed.
The garage is half cleared out. Wohoo!!!

So Daddy came home, we ate, went to the park, had baths, struggled a little with Joyanne, and Walla!
Bedtime.
I made it through a hard day!
I guess you need these every once in a while to remind you of the good ones.
Reading my book "As Young As We Feel" throughout the day helped bring me a little reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment