Saturday, August 16, 2014

Kitchen Done

I woke up this morning and dug through the over 20 boxes and bins of kitchen supplies.
I put away food, dishes, and cleaners.
It took me all morning and a bit into the afternoon, but I made it.
My poor kids were bored after a couple of hours, but they hung in there while I worked.
 
The nice thing about renting is we found a few things that need fixing and work, but we don't have to pay for it.
The bad thing is we have to wait until someone does come and fix it.
 
We like our home.
The neighbors are nice and before we had even opened the U-Haul truck, we had neighbors introducing themselves and asking how they could help.
With a teenage boy, a young father, and an elder gentleman and his wife we unloaded the U-Haul 20 foot truck, a 6 foot trailer, a 13 foot trailer and the back of the truck in just over 2 hours.
They even rounded up a piano dolly to get our 1911 piano safely into the house.
 
Daddy-O returned to our Vernal home and picked up the remainder of our stuff.
He was on the road for about 9 hours.
He unloaded the trailer and truck and then immediately got to work on beds, setting up TV's, and helping where things needed to get done.
 
Tonight our next door neighbors helped us return the U-Haul and showed us around town a bit.
My sister-in-law and her 2 kids showed up to help out.
My kitchen was in such decent order that I made a Spaghetti dinner.
Quite an adventure to try to seek out the bed sheets, towels, toothbrushes and other things we need to survive and live. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment