Saturday, August 30, 2014

Emergency Room

Did you know the city of Tremonton has no Urgent Care or InstaCare? :(
 
Joyanne woke up at 5 something this morning with a tummy ache and headache.
She was moaning and complaining.
I got up and helped her to the bathroom and on the way, she threw up in a bucket.
This began a LONG day of pain for her and patience for me.
 
In the New Testament we read in James 1:2-3 "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into many afflictions.  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience."
My patience was definitely worked today.
Joyanne moaned throughout the day and vomited every 2 hours or so.
 
When she vomited black liquid with a little blood inside, I panicked.
She had just had a bloody nose, but I was still concerned.
She wasn't feeling any better, in fact, worse.
I looked up online about vomiting black liquid and everything I read said to take her to a doctor.
So, wondering if she maybe had "West Nile Virus" or something else, I was ready to take her in.
Except being new to the area, I didn't know where to go.
The closest Urgent Care was a half hour away in Logan.
Knowing Joyanne couldn't handle that long in the car, we went to the Hospital to the Emergency room.
After a little blood work was done, the doctor determined it was probably just the flu.
She was feeling better after the hospital visit and getting some medicine and fluids in her.
 
Well, I hope no one else gets this.
Having Daddy working 4 hours away in Vernal this week sure can be challenging for both of us.
But the Lord makes everything right.
My awesome neighbor was doing my dishes and cleaning the kitchen when I returned home.
Thank you, April!

No comments:

Post a Comment