Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

We had one of the best Halloween's ever.
I made pumpkin colored pancakes for breakfast.
The kids all dressed up in costumes for school.
 
At school I helped out for a 1/2 hour in James' class doing "baggie books".
I joined Noah's whole grade when they watched the movie "Watcher in the Woods".
That is a great movie for 5th graders.  Some of those girls were scared enough to scream.
One girl, even started bawling at one point.  Another girl asked if she could sit close to me.
But, of course, Noah didn't get scared. ;)

 
I also helped out in Jaden's classroom with their party.
They played a couple of games: wrap the Mummy and Pixie Stix with Tootsie Rolls.
For the Mummy one, they had to take toilet paper and wrap it around the person to make a mummy.
The other game involved having 2 Pixie Stix to move the tootsie rolls from one bowl to the other.
Whoever got their tootsie rolls to the other bowl first, won.
 
I love living closer to family.
We spent the evening with cousins, eating and going trick-or-treating.
I can't believe my 3 littlest ones made it trick-or-treating for 3 HOURS !!!

 
After that long haul with so little candy (a half bag), I think I really like the idea of trunk-or-treating SO much BETTER!
We had a good time, though, and now my kids are all sound asleep.

Joyanne was pretty creative with her costume this year.
She had me rat her hair and spray paint it black.
She did her own face make-up.

May you have SPOOKY dreams in your slumber! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment