Saturday, October 4, 2014

Run for the Cure

We had so many fun activities that it will take me a couple days to blog about them all.
 
The first things we did this morning is "Run for the Cure". 
Grandma Bills had breast cancer 3 years ago.
She survived!
She walked a mile with her walker while Wanita and I ran a 3K.
It was fun to run for a great purpose. 
I also ran for my sister-in-law, Joann, who died at age 26 from breast cancer.
She found out she was diagnosed with cancer when she was a few months into her 3rd pregnancy.
Doctors told her to abort to save her life.
Her bishop and Stake President also said in this situation, it would be okay.
She and my brother prayed about it and felt they should keep the baby.
Their son, Matthew was born and 6 months later, Joann passed away.
She gave her life for her son who is 19 years old now. 
Grandma Harmon also passed away from a different kind of cancer, but we ran in memory of her too.


 
The morning was brisk and cool and besides having my lungs burn a bit at the beginning causing me to walk a bit, the race was a good one.
I hope to improve my time the next time I race.
My run/walk for the 5K was 38 minutes.
 
General Conference, of course, was so enjoyable and we all gleaned much from each of the talks and are on our way to becoming better people with stronger testimonies because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment