Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Me and the Boys

It was just me and the boys today.
Daddy was still sick so he laid on the couch all morning and then off to work in the afternoon.
The boys and I hung out together all day.
First we got all our chores and responsibilities done, including picking up the fallen apples from the tree.
The apples are falling already.
I wonder how we ever get so many apples at harvest time with all the apples that fall beforehand.
 
I've been taking my kids to the free school lunch program.
It gets us out of the house, there's a playground, and I've been pleasantly surprised by the food.
They always offer 1 cooked vegetable and 1 fresh, and 1 canned fruit and 1 fresh fruit.
They try to make everything whole wheat or whole grain.
So I feel my kids are getting fed relatively well.
But my boys just wanna eat lunch at home sometimes.
 
We enjoyed time with our friends, the Patton's.
Their house was beautiful and fun.
Give my boys a car, toy guns, or a ball and they are set for hours.
 
Dinner time is nice, yummy and relaxing with reading time at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment