Thursday, July 10, 2014

Be There

Noah has been my big helper.
He combed Grant's hair along with his own.
My handsome boys make me swoon! ;)
I was thinking that I need to do more for my children, to play with them more and spend more time with them.
But today I learned that I HAVE been there for my boys.
I don't have to do all these exciting activities to show my love.
They just want me to be there for them.
This afternoon I sat with Noah collecting starbits for him on SuperMario Galaxy 2 while he played.
He loved that I chose to spend time with him.
I didn't feel like I was doing much, but he was glad I was there.
I have tried to read a chapter book daily to my kids as part of the summer reading program the library's doing.
Tonight at the swimming pool we just talked, swam and played around.
I didn't think I did much out of the ordinary or anything special, but I realized that I was there for my kids.
I spent time with them and I LOVE THEM!!!
That's all it takes and that's all they really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment