Monday, May 5, 2014

Seeking to be In Tune

One of the things talked about at Women's Conference on Saturday was praying to be in tune with the spirit.
The speaker held up a violin with broken strings and said, "Can this instrument be played?"
She pointed out it couldn't because the instrument wasn't in tune.
She said instead of praying to be an instrument in the Lord's hand, pray to be in tune with His Spirit so we can act on the promptings we receive.
I liked that.
 
 
Tonight one of my children acted defiant and belligerent towards me.
I was tired and without Daddy's help.
I said a prayer for help.
I was amazed as I was able to remain calm and help this child understand what they were doing wrong and give unconditional love.
I couldn't have done this without Heavenly Father's help.
I'm grateful for prayer and how we are blessed as we strive to live righteously.

No comments:

Post a Comment