Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bad Ending

Bad ending to an okay day.
I woke up this morning determined to work hard and accomplish a lot.
I went to the Bank, went shopping, rushed to prepare funeral potatoes for a funeral while making lunch and dealing with fussy kids.
Daddy brought the groceries in an hour later for me.
Scurried to clean up the kitchen.
Sat and ate a quick lunch.
Taught preschool.
Cleaned more of the kitchen and made dinner.
The kids weren't thrilled with the roasted brussel sprouts.
Cleaned the kitchen AGAIN!!!
Tried to sit down to rest, but then it was time to put kids to bed.
I kinda blew up at Daddy, only to apologize right after, knowing he's had a full day working too and is tired.
 
Being a mom is tough.
I didn't get through half of what I was hoping to accomplish today.
I've had a load of laundry sitting in the dryer all week.
My kitchen floor is grimy and gross, needing a mopping I just can't find time to give.
I try to stay on top of it all, but sometimes it just feels like everything keeps piling higher.
Some days I just want to sit around and do nothing but read, watch movies or just play with my kids.
When I do, I pay for it later with so much more to do.
But I know I'm supposed to appreciate this time because I'm sure some day later on, I will miss it.
Well, a test was given to me today and I failed.
But I will try again tomorrow and see if I can't do better than today.


2 comments:

  1. I think everyone has those days...being "mom" isn't for pansies! :) Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You most certainly did not fail! So it wasn't a perfect day, I don't know anyone who has perfect days. That is why there is always a tomorrow. Truly Nancy you are a most wonderful mom and wife. I think your husband and kids would completely agree.

    ReplyDelete