Thursday, September 18, 2014

Shoot!

I'm loving the daily 1 hour I get with Grant and James to do schoolwork and activities.
James is learning math really well.
He's only in kindergarten, but he's adding and subtracting fabulously.
He reads extremely well and has his phone number and address memorized.
Grant is working on getting all his colors down.
He can count to 10 really well and is working on counting to 20.
He recognizes most of the capital letters and knows most of his shapes.
Teaching preschool to kids is definitely a passion of mine.
 
Joyanne played "Mom" tonight as I went off to some fun activities.
She cooked a wonderful dinner of Mac 'n Cheese (which is a rarity at our house) and green beans.
 
I was able to go see what it's like to be a police officer.
I went to POST in West Jordan and learned some defensive tactics, scenarios of real situations where the police have to defend themselves, and I shot a rifle, a Glock, and a Shotgun.
I'm actually a pretty good shot, if I do say so myself.
Of course, it's not hard to shoot a target when it's only 10 or 20 feet away. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment