Tuesday, September 2, 2014

James' First Day of Kindergarten

James had his first day of Kindergarten with his teacher, Mrs. Michaelis.
He was excited ALL morning.
When I dropped James off at school, Grant cried.
Grant had his backpack with him, ready to follow and join James in his class.
The teacher even asked if he was a student.
But as I carried Grant to the car, he leaned his head on my shoulder and said, "I want James." 
Grant was so excited when he woke up from his nap to go pick up James.
He missed his buddy and playmate.
 
It was different to only have one child home for a couple of hours.
But that couple of hours went fast!
 
And, the song I want to dedicate to Daddy, far away in Vernal is . . .
"Wishing you were somehow near again.  Wishing you were somehow near.  Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed, somehow you would be here."
I love you, my dear best friend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment