Friday, January 10, 2014

Being Mom

I love being a mom to 6 wonderful children.
I am learning every day how to be a better mom.
I want to do it right, but sometimes I fail.
I keep trying though and don't give up.
These kids mean too much to me.

I have studied lots of parenting methods and keep applying all the good technics to my own parenting style.
My favorite parenting method is by far, the scriptures.
"No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; 
"By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile-
"Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou has reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;
"That he may know that thy faithfulness is stronger than the cords of death.
"Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.
"The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever."
(Doctrine and Covenants 121:41-46)

No comments:

Post a Comment