Monday, April 20, 2015

How to Enjoy Motherhood

Thanks to my friend, Sherri, I was finally able to come up with a poster for James' teacher for teacher appreciation week.

Lately, I have felt so overwhelmed with all the chores, activities and other things that have piled up on me.
I've been kind of an ornery mom, constantly thinking of all I have to do.
I am so blessed to have a husband who enjoys helping me out.
Among dishes, laundry and vacuuming, my Prince charming also washed windows today.

I tried to accomplish all the tasks before me, but couldn't keep up with it all.
I remembered, though, that it's not about "things" but people.
So I played with my kids, gave them my listening ear and stopped stressing.
And you know what?
I started enjoying being a mom again.
So instead of push, push, pushing myself to get the next room clean or dishes put away, I will put my husband and kids first and remember that it's okay to have fun while being a mom and having a million things to do. 

1 comment:

  1. Boy, did I ever need this today. Thanks for the reminder. <3

    ReplyDelete