Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Car Crash

I was heading in my van to the Intermediate School to pick up Joyanne.
I saw the green stoplight ahead and as I neared the intersection, the light turned yellow.
As I entered the intersection, a gold jeep cherokee going across the other side of the intersection, ran their red light and came crashing into me.
Thankfully I swerved and instead of hitting my door, they crunched the passenger side door behind me.
Shaken and frustrated, I pulled over, got out and checked the other vehicle, whose bumper was hanging off their car and car parts were littered in the intersection.
Thankfully no one was injured and no airbags deployed.
I called 911 and we waited about 4 minutes for a police officer to come.
Four minutes seems like a long time when your adrenaline is pumping.
I called Jade to pick up Joyanne and then he came to join me at the crash.
There was an older couple in the other car who was just sure the light was green when they went through.
There were 2 witnesses who gave a report of what they saw.
The other car received the citation and I was let go with information to follow up on.
So the silver lining in this is that our van was getting run down and breaking here and there.
So we think the van may be totaled, which means we may be van hunting here soon.
The kids are excited of the possibility of getting a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment