Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Grateful

I have so much to be grateful for.
I'm grateful for the hot, sticky, kinda day where your clothes cling to you and you feel like you could shower every 5 minutes.
I loved seeing my little boys playing in our little pool and running through the sprinklers on this hot day.
 
I'm thankful that Grandpa Bills is improving.
Grandma said: "Grandpa had his first experience "receiving blood" today. It went well; his wound site looks good; still quite swollen and they took the IV out so that should help. His spirits have lifted and your prayers are beginning to have an effect on elimination. He got real food for dinner...."
 
I'm so happy, after many months of waiting, that our transfer did come through and that in less than 2 months we get to move closer to both sets of family.
 
I'm thankful that even though Noah was sick yesterday with fevering and a sore throat with yucky white spots on his inflamed tonsils, that some home remedies DO work.
He has been gargling salt water 4 times daily, having "Throat Coat" herbal tea, and drinking lots of water.
Today the tonsils weren't as swollen and the white spots have disappeared. Yay!!!
 
I'm grateful it was my Mom and oldest brother's birthday today and that I was able to call and talk with my mom.
 
I am very sad at the passing of my sister-in-law, Dawn.
I wish I could've gotten to know her better.
She has been married to my brother for 7 months.
I am thankful for the time I did get to talk with her.
I'm happy she is free of her Down Syndrome and in a happier place.
I'm grateful for how death often draws family closer together and helps us appreciate each other more.
I'm grateful for faith, hope, peace and the Plan of Salvation.
 
And, last, but not least, I'm grateful I was able to exercise my right to vote today. ;)
 
HAPPY DAYS!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. You make me want to be better. Hope your loved ones feel better!

    ReplyDelete