Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Best Nest

I came in the garage, yesterday morning, and out flew a robin.
I looked up and saw a nest sitting above the garage door light.
I climbed up and took a picture of what I saw inside.
I immediately looked up about robins, eggs and their nests.
I learned that a robin will lay 4 to 5 eggs, one each day.
The male robin will then come and fertilize them.
12 to 14 days later, the eggs will hatch.
About 13 days later, the baby bird's start to fly.
I didn't want to move the nest because I read that when you do, the mother robin doesn't recognize the nest and abandons it.
But Daddy couldn't keep the garage open for a month and we didn't want to deal with baby robins in our garage.
So Daddy put on gloves and gently moved the nest into a nearby tree.
Hopefully the mother robin will recognize it.

We finally watched the movie "Into the Woods".
What a fun musical with great actors!

No comments:

Post a Comment