Thursday, November 21, 2013

Success

What a whirlwind of a day.
I visit taught one of the ladies in our ward and felt the Spirit so strong.
She taught me a lot too, like being there for your kids, and sacrificing your desires or wants to help meet theirs.
She has a 15 year old daughter who confides in her mom about EVERYTHING!
She is such a good, devoted mom.
I want to be like her.

This little Grant learned a lesson today.
He always fights Daddy or me when we change his diaper and has since he was old enought to, probably since 5 or 6 months old.
We have tried singing to him, bribing him with treats, and firmly telling him.
I was tired of him fighting me, and so this morning, I held him in restraining time.
I have him sit on the floor and gently put my legs over his in criss-crossed way and then fold his arms across his chest.
Of course he fought me and screamed.
But after a while he calmed down and agreed to let me change his diaper.
Amazing what a 2-year-old knows and understands.
By the end of the night, he was running to us with a diaper in hand and laid down calmly to be changed.

Noah was a great big brother walking home from school with Hiram and Jaden.
The wind was blowing cold and Hiram started crying.
Noah took Hiram's backpack for him and told Hiram to run home fast.
Jaden was cold to, but Noah was able to cheer him on and comfort him.
Way to go, Noah! 
Because they were cold, we had cookies and hot chocolate for snack.
Sitting by the warm gas stove also warmed them up.

Joyanne braided her own hair tonight.
It's nice to have her more independent now.

It felt like a busy, successful day!
Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment