Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Homeschooling during Quarantine

I learned a valuable lesson on patience today.
Grant really didn't want to read to me.
I sat beside him and waited.
I waited for about 10 minutes while he sat on the couch, working through his frustrations.
Finally he read and finished his chapter.
He had several subjects he didn't want to work on, but knowing I would happily be there to help him gave him the fortitude to keep going.
At first I didn't want to do this and was ready to throw up my hands and say, "Just go play."
But I knew Grant needs to stay at doing his work, so I needed to stay at helping him.
We ended up getting a lot done, and even had fun doing it. 🤗

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting, Nancy! Those are precious learning experiences on both sides, and Grant is so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete