Saturday, December 5, 2015

America's Got Talent Auditions

Joyanne, Noah and I drove to Salt Lake city to the Salt Palace Convention center so Joyanne could audition for America's Got Talent.
She was sooooooo nervous before we left.
When we got there and were turning in paperwork, I asked if anyone could audition or if you had to have signed up already.
They said anyone could walk right in who had proper ID and sign up then and there.
So, I asked if I could audition, and they signed me up.
Who needs all the weeks of anticipation, practice and worry?
I just hoped I could do all right.

Joyanne was still quite nervous while we waited, but we only waited about 5 minutes before we were ushered into the room with the producers of the show.
There were about 5 or 6 judges and one guy recording us.
Joyanne went first, and she played beautifully and with so much expression.
She played a song, "Imagine This", which she composed herself.
I was so happy to see my little girl playing her heart out in front of these judges.
I sang a song "Share the Joy".
I did ok!
Anyone who auditions through singing has to sing acapella, which worked great for me since I decided to audition on a whim.

We find out in 3 or 4 weeks If we make it through.
But if don't make it through, they don't let us know; they just don't contact us.
So, we'll wait and see.

We had a lot of fun auditioning and seeing the whole process.
It was a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment