Friday, December 2, 2016

Happy Unbirthday

See any holes in this scarf?
That's because I sewed them up.
Me!
Me, who doesn't sew.
Thanks to my friend Elizabeth Spotten who taught me how.
I also sewed a button on my jacket, too.
I took Grant with me and 2 friends to lunch.
He wanted to go to Taco Time, so that's where we went.
When we walked in, the owner and neighbor friend came up to us to say hi.
I told him it was a special day for Grant to be with my friends and I and he chose to have lunch at Taco Time.
The owner said Grant could have a free dessert because it was his birthday.
I was perplexed because it wasn't Grant's birthday.
Then, while we were eating, the owner and all his employees came and sang Happy Birthday to Grant.
A few minutes later the owner came back with 3 specialty bottles of "Atwood Ranch Dressing" and said they were for us because it was Grant's birthday.
I was surprised and said it wasn't Grant's birthday.
He misunderstood me when I said had  "special day" for birthday.
We all got a good laugh over the miscommunication.
There was a police officer who had come in and also thought it was Grant's birthday and gave him a toy police car.
Lucky Grant! Funny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment