Monday, July 13, 2015

Spiritual Experiences

After church, yesterday, James came running up to me with excitement.
He proceeded to tell me how he came out of the primary room after church to look for Grant.
He said he started to go one way, but then felt in his heart that he should go another way into another room.
He then found Grant.
I mentioned that the Spirit was guiding him.
He was thrilled that he finally felt the Holy Ghost.
We were visiting family that day, and he excitedly and literally told everyone about his experience.

We all had a Spiritually high day at church yesterday as we visited my brother's ward.
Joyanne loved her lesson in Sunday school because the teacher was so prepared and she felt the spirit.
Daddy enjoyed the teenage girl who spoke in Sacrament, and was impressed by her knowledge of the gospel and the strength of her testimony.

I, too, had a wonderful missionary experience.
We were talking in Relief Society about temples.
My sister-in-law's mother, was visiting from France.
She commented how she was not a member of our church.
She was sad and didn't understand why she couldn't go inside the temple, especially when her daughter was married there.
I was astounded when no one answered her, and they just went on talking about how wonderful the temple is.
I sat praying and pondering on an answer.
As soon as Relief Society ended, I moved by her.
She said she shouldn't have said anything because no one cares any way.
I told her I did.
I then asked her if she knew about Science.
She said yes.
So I asked her if she knew about the stars and their constellations.
She said no, that she said she would have to go to school to learn about it.
I related that the temple is also a school for higher learning, but before you can go there, you have to learn and accept the more simple doctrines of our church.
The spirit was there to confirm the truth of my words and she understood.
She thanked me profusely for helping her understand a question she has had for years.
I was grateful I could be an instrument in the Lord's hands.

We went to Thanksgiving Point on Thursday and picnicked at the Gardens.
There were such beautiful waterfalls.


Joyanne had fun playing in the sand at the museum.

The fish loved being fed and would jump to the surface by the dozens.
Joyanne reached in the water and touched quite a few of them.

We loved resting and playing around with such beauty all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment