Tuesday, August 2, 2016

White Pine Lake

We didn't know what we were in for when Daddy said we were going hiking up Logan Canyon to White Pine Lake.
We hiked 4 miles to the lake and 4 miles back, making a total of a 8-mile hike.
Whew!


We took lots of breaks in all the shady spots we could find, which were quite a few.
Thankfully, we brought LOTS of water.

Possum and Cozette joined us on our hike.
They were great hikers and loved being outdoors in nature.
They also drank LOTS of water.
Cozette is almost 4 months old and she made the whole hike with lots of energy.

The lake was so beautiful and refreshing.
The kids had fun even playing in it.



There were pretty streams all around.


Grant was a little trooper.
For being 4 turning 5 years old, he did great on the hike.
He made the whole 8-mile hike all by himself; no shoulder rides and no being carried.

Though the hike was a little long and tiring, we all enjoyed the hike and being together.



I went on a 2 mile walk this morning with the dogs and then the 8 mile hike on top of that.
Talk about getting your whole week of exercising in one day.
I wore my watch to track my steps and distance today.
I walked 26,732 steps today, making that 12.07 miles in walking.
I'm sure I will be very sore tomorrow.



So if ya wanna go on a great hike, check out White Pine Lake in Logan Canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment